by Opside team
The ZK narrative continues to heat up in 2023.
At the ETH Denver conference, ZK-related topics surpassed Defi, NFT, and other hotspots, becoming the most popular word. Given we are under such a bear market, the good news of the different ZK projects keeps coming. For example, Binance announced the introduction of ZK technology in a high-profile manner, Scroll completed a new round of financing and is about to launch the main network, and Ploygon released the signal that its zkEVM main network is about to start…
Capital is undoubtedly the vane of the market, and with the huge investment of large institutions such as Paradigm, a16z, and Sequoia, a large number of top developers are devoting themselves to ZK-related research, accelerating the implementation of ZK technology. The Opside team has many years of experience in ZK technology development and is now actively participating in the construction of ZK-Rollup.
For more information about Opside, please check out:
As one of the ZK teams on the market, we received many inquiries about the ZK innovation and how it could be used in different projects. Thus, we would love to share some innovations of Opside:
The innovation of Opside by importance:
1. ZK-RaaS. Opside provides ZK-Rollup solutions, while other RaaS platforms mostly provide Optimistic Rollups. ZK-Rollup has advantages that others do not have: more secure, more trustless, and faster withdrawals.
2. Hardware support. The two hardware resources required by ZK-Rollup: data availability (analogous to a hard disk) and zkp computing power (analogous to a CPU) are provided by Opside PoS and PoW in a decentralized and license-free manner. Developers do not need to bear any hardware costs.
3. 0 gas fee. Based on Opside’s innovative economic model, the developer will pay a certain amount of the rent to get the rollup slot. And developers are free to adjust the gas token and gas fee, even to 0. Thus, users do not need to pay any fees.
4. Fully on-chain. Thanks to the extremely low gas fee and high throughput, all the project data, including games, financial derivatives, and social networks, can be fully on-chain.
5. EVM compatible. We will introduce multiple zkEVM consensus layers (including Polygon zkEVM, scroll, zkSync, StarkNet, etc.), and developers are free to choose the zkEVM SDK without migration costs.
6. Sovereignty. Developers have sovereignty over ZK-Rollup and can customize the rollup economic model, such as the 0 gas fee mentioned above.
7. Cross-rollup communication. Layer 3 ZK-Rollups will be managed by a unified system contract, and they will share the same interface specification and data results, realizing native cross-rollup communication.
8. More decentralized. Opside layer 2 adopts ETH2.0 PoS consensus and will have more than 100k validators. And permissionless PoW will attract more miners to maintain security jointly.
The above are the 8 tech innovations of Opside. We would love to discuss and learn from others to co-build a flourishing ZK ecosystem!