- Hong Kong ZA Bank plans to launch virtual asset trading services for retail investors.
- Two funds under QED raised $925 million and plan to continue investing in financial technology areas such as cryptocurrencies and payments.
- Blockchain analyst ZachXBT tweeted that the team behind the blockchain financial platform Fintoch is suspected of running a Ponzi scheme. They allegedly scammed users out of 31.6 million USDT by exiting BNB Chain, and the funds were bridged to multiple addresses on Tron and Ethereum. Users reported being unable to withdraw their funds.
- Moonfire Ventures’ Fund II raised $1.15 billion and will invest in areas such as AI and Web3.
- Ledger announced a delay in releasing the Ledger Recover feature and stated it won’t be introduced until the code is open source.
- Vertex Labs acquired Digimental Studio, the brain behind HAPE PRIME, for $12 million.
- Fabio Panetta, a member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank, stated that the decision-making committee will decide in October whether to start the preparatory phase for the digital euro.
- Visa’s cryptocurrency team is exploring topics such as account abstraction, interoperability, scalability, and privacy.