by JieXuan Chua, CFA
- Telegram bots have gained significant attention in recent weeks as surging token prices and coverage by the media and key opinion leaders drive interest to the space.
- By offering users a range of functions such as trading, sniping, airdrop farming, and others, Telegram bots enable crypto users to execute crypto activities easily via their mobile devices in a user-friendly manner.
- The cumulative lifetime volume of trades facilitated on Telegram bots has exceeded US$190M, with a record high of US$10M in daily trading volume recorded on July 23, 2023.
- The revenue model of Telegram bots involves charging users a transaction fee and, in some cases, a purchase or sales “tax” for transactions involving a bot’s native token. Total revenue captured by Telegram bots has surpassed US$28.7M.
- It is too early to gauge organic demand, as much of the current activity has been driven by skyrocketing token prices. Nonetheless, we will likely see continued developments, at least in the near future, as projects compete for market share.
- Users should conduct their own due diligence before interacting with any Telegram bot. This report does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of Telegram bots by Binance Research.
About Binance Research: Binance Research is the research arm of Binance, the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange. The team is committed to delivering objective, independent, and comprehensive analysis and aims to be the thought leader in the crypto space. Our analysts publish insightful thought pieces regularly on topics related but not limited to, the crypto ecosystem, blockchain technologies, and the latest market themes.
General Disclosure: This material is prepared by Binance Research and is not intended to be relied upon as a forecast or investment advice, and is not a recommendation, offer or solicitation to buy or sell any securities, cryptocurrencies or to adopt any investment strategy. The opinions expressed are as of the date shown above and are the opinions of the writer, they may change as subsequent conditions vary. The information and opinions contained in this material are derived from proprietary and non-proprietary sources deemed by Binance Research to be reliable, are not necessarily all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. As such, no warranty of accuracy or reliability is given and no responsibility arising in any other way for errors and omissions (including responsibility to any person by reason of negligence) is accepted by Binance. This material may contain ’forward looking’ information that is not purely historical in nature. Such information may include, among other things, projections and forecasts. There is no guarantee that any forecasts made will come to pass. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. This material is intended for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or an offer or solicitation to purchase or sell in any securities, cryptocurrencies or any investment strategy nor shall any securities or cryptocurrency be offered or sold to any person in any jurisdiction in which an offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction. Investment involves risks.