Here’s a rundown of the most noteworthy web3 industry events and project developments to look out for in the coming week
Gitcoin Grants Round 18 will take place from August 15th to 29th, with applications opening on August 1st. The major difference in this round is that it will operate on the Public Goods Network (PGN), a Layer2 network built on the OP Stack. PGN is a highly composable EVM-compatible Rollup and has garnered support from entities such as The Protocol Guild, Public Nouns, Clr.fund, Giveth, Hypercerts, Protocol Labs, Octant, Eco, Hedgey, and Gitcoin.
The Web3 social graph protocol, CyberConnect, will initiate its airdrop on August 15th at 8:00 PM. On the eve of the airdrop, Foresight Talking will collaborate with CyberConnect to host a Twitter Space on August 14th at 8:30 PM. The event’s theme will be “Can web3 social networks sustain amidst fleeting Threads?” and will be moderated by Foresight News researcher Eric, featuring CyberConnect’s co-founder Ryan Li as the guest speaker.
- dYdX postpones the launch of dYdX Chain Public Testnet #2 to August 14th.
- Solana Foundation initiates the Developer Educator Program starting from August 14th.
- opBNB Testnet is anticipated to undergo a PreContract hard fork on August 14th at 14:00.
- The Sandbox token SAND will unlock 332.55 million tokens (approximately $132 million) on August 14th at 16:00, constituting 16.16% of the circulating supply.
- Foresight Talking collaborates with CyberConnect for a Twitter Space titled “Can Web3 Social Networks Sustain Amidst Fleeting Threads?” on August 14th at 20:30.
- Gitcoin Grants 18 will take place from August 15th to 29th.
- Acala will undergo the “Acala 2.0: Exodus Upgrade” on August 15th after community voting.
- CyberConnect opens an airdrop query webpage, available for claiming on August 15th.
- Kraken will list the Sei token SEI on August 15th.
- Sentiment will shut down Sentiment V1, with new borrowing no longer accepted from August 15th.
- Binance Futures will implement a pre-upgrade reservation for COIN-M futures trading services from August 15th.
- Blockchain game Illuvium will commence the sale of “Illuvium: Beyond Wave 2” on August 15th.
- Eleven Russian cities, including Moscow, will undertake a pilot test of digital ruble, planning to initiate actual transactions starting from August 15th.
- TinTinLand will host an online event titled “W3AI AMA: Exploring Multimodal AI for Intelligent Decision Making” on August 15th at 20:00.
- Cosmos Hub is set to undergo the v11 upgrade on August 16th.
- Genesis extends the mediation period with creditors until August 16th.
- Binance will delist ADAUP/USDT and ADADOWN/USDT leveraged token trading pairs on August 16th at 11:00.
- Flow token FLOW will unlock 7.29 million tokens (approximately $480,000) on August 16th at 8:00, accounting for 0.7% of the circulating supply.
- Euler token EUL will unlock 157,010 tokens (approximately $410,000) on August 16th at 17:02, representing 0.84% of the circulating supply.
- The US SEC seeks intermediate appeal in the Ripple case regarding a motion for summary judgment, with Ripple required to respond by August 16th.
- ApeCoin token APE will unlock 15.6 million tokens (approximately $31.36 million) on August 17th at 8:00, constituting 4.23% of the circulating supply.
- Binance notifies its Dutch customers to withdraw their held digital assets by August 17th.
- Bitget will host the 4th King’s Cup Global Championship (KUGI) on August 18th, with prizes worth over $6 million in total.
- The “Web3 & AI Hackfest Hackathon Finals” will take place from August 18th to August 19th in Melbourne.
- Doodles will collaborate with Camp to open an art pop-up shop in Chicago on August 19th.
- The third stop of the Foresight X offline event series “Buidl the New Web” will be held in Shenzhen in partnership with Alibaba Cloud.
- Oasis Network token ROSE will unlock 171 million tokens (approximately $8.07 million) on August 19th at 12:00, representing 3.4% of the circulating supply.