Here’s a rundown of the most noteworthy industry events and project developments to look out for in the coming week
The governance token for the decentralized domain name protocol, SPACE ID, will open for airdrop distribution on March 22nd and will be available for claiming until April 22nd. The airdrop will be conducted on the BNB Chain, and the ID token will have staking, payment, and governance functionalities. The total supply of tokens is 2 billion, and all early adopters and ecosystem contributors will be eligible to claim 42 million tokens, which represent 21% of the community airdrop pool (2.1% of the total supply). The airdrop will be distributed to approximately 294,000 addresses that held .bnb or .arb domain names at the time of the snapshot taken on March 14th at 14:00 UTC.
On March 23rd, the Arbitrum token, ARB, will be airdropped to community members. The initial total supply of ARB is 10 billion, with a maximum annual inflation rate of 2%. The Arbitrum community will hold 56% of the total supply, and the airdrop will distribute 11.5% of the total supply to eligible users. The remaining 44% will go to investors and employees of Offchain Labs, the development company behind Arbitrum. Additionally, Arbitrum has partnered with the cryptocurrency analytics company, Nansen, to take a snapshot of user activity in February to determine who qualifies for the ARB token distribution.
Starting this week, A series of events related to Web3 will be taken place in Hong Kong, including:
- “FOMO Asia”, hosted by Blockbusters Lab, will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel and Convention Center in Hong Kong from March 20th to March 23rd.
- The “Web 3 Innovation Summit”, hosted by Aspen Digital, will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong on March 20th.
- “IKA BLOCK Hong Kong WEB3 Demo Day”, hosted by IKA BLOCK, Alibaba Cloud, and Avalanche, will be held on March 21st.
- “OUTLAND TAKES ASIA”, hosted by Outland, 8DAO, and OKX, will be held on March 22nd from 3:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
- The 2nd “World Web3 Summit” will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre from March 26th to 28th.
- The $1 billion acquisition of Voyager by Binance.US has been extended to March 20th.
- Around Hong Kong: FOMO Asia, hosted by Blockbusters Lab, will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel and Convention Center in Hong Kong from March 20th to March 23rd.
- Around Hong Kong: The Web 3 Innovation Summit, hosted by Aspen Digital, will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong on March 20th.
- The GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE will be held in California from March 20th to 24th.
- Lido V2 is expected to launch on the Goerli testnet on March 20th.
- Convex Finance will migrate its Arbitrum fund pool on March 20th.
- OKX’s monthly PoR will be released around March 20th.
- The mStable community MIP-30 proposal for a stablecoin aggregation protocol will be voted on on March 20th, with a voting window of 5 days.
- Aptos will hold a Twitter Space event titled “Women of Web3 on #AptosMoveMonday for Women’s Month | All are welcome!” on March 21st at 01:00.
- Around Hong Kong: IKA BLOCK Hong Kong WEB3 Demo Day, hosted by IKA BLOCK, Alibaba Cloud, and Avalanche, will be held on March 21st.
- Zipmex, a Southeast Asian exchange, plans to complete user withdrawals by March 21st.
- FTX Japan’s auction will be held on March 21st.
- Binance.US plans to delist HNT/USD and HNT/USDT trading pairs on March 21st.
- Galaxy Blitz, a blockchain game, will grand players who register before March 21st $10 worth of in-game resources.
- Getty Images, a stock photo giant, will sell rare picture NFTs on the Candy Digital website on March 21st.
- The Aztec Network will shut down its privacy infrastructure Connect on March 21st.
- The Starknet DAO will open its first governance vote on March 21st to decide on the Alpha v0.11.0 upgrade.
- The US CFTC Technical Advisory Committee will discuss DeFi topics at the opening meeting on March 22, considering the creation of a new digital asset and blockchain technology subcommittee.
- The Federal Reserve will release its policy statement, press conference, dot plot, and economic projections on March 22.
- AFFLUX will host a Demo Day themed “NEW FUTURE OF WEB3” in South Korea on March 22.
- The Hong Kong Monetary Authority will hold the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) meeting on March 22-23 in Hong Kong.
- Outland, 8DAO, and OKX will host 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗦𝗜𝗔, a peripheral event in Hong Kong, from 15:30 to 21:00 on March 22.
- Binance will resume partial BTC transaction fees and BUSD order transaction fees on March 22.
- Decentralized identity protocol SPACE ID will open its airdrop on March 22.
- The first round of Astar Web3 Hackathon sponsored by Toyota will be judged on March 23.
- The winners of Fantom Foundation’s Q1 2023 hackathon will be announced around March 23.
- NFTs owned by Three Arrows Capital will be sold by their liquidator Teneo starting from March 23.
- Foresight Ventures, in partnership with Everyrealm, Animoca Ventures, Xterio, and Shima Capital, will hold an offline event themed “Gamifying The Future” in San Francisco.
- Arbitrum will airdrop governance token ARB on March 23.
- Huobi will list Arbitrum’s token ARB on March 23.
- Bitget will launch an ARB recharge and transaction special session starting from March 23.
- The Canadian Securities Regulators have strengthened regulation of cryptocurrency trading platforms, and unregistered cryptocurrency trading platforms are expected to provide enhanced pre-registration commitments to their primary regulators before March 23.
- Galxe token GAL will unlock 192,307.69 tokens (approximately $400,000) on March 23 at 20:00:00, accounting for 0.096% of the total supply.
- Arbitrum token ARB will unlock 5,553,000,000 tokens, accounting for 55.53% of the total supply, on March 23 at 20:30:00.
- The deadline for voting on the proposal by Aave to deploy Aave V3 on the Ethereum Layer 2 network Metis Andromeda mainnet is March 23 at 22:00.
- On March 24th, 53,572 1inch tokens (approximately $30,000 USD) will be unlocked, accounting for 0.004% of the total supply.
- On March 24th, 15,000,000 CryptoGPT (GPT) tokens (approximately $1.9 million USD) will be unlocked, accounting for 0.5% of the total supply.
- On March 24th, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority will co-host a seminar with the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) titled “Banking Supervision in the Age of Innovation” in Hong Kong.
- The deadline for the second round of project applications for the Cronos Ecology Entrepreneurship Accelerator Program will also be on March 24th.
- Sotheby’s will hold an auction titled “Natively Digital: Glitch-ism” from March 24th to March 31st in New York.
- The application deadline for the Web3 Luxury Goods Business Development Accelerator Program, co-hosted by Outlier Ventures and FARFETCH, will also be on March 24th.
- On March 24th, Binance will delist Helium (HNT) and Tael (WABI).
- Axie Infinity has launched Homeland Season 1, which will run until March 24th.
- Sources say that the creditor protection period for Vauld has been extended to March 24th.
- From March 25th to 27th, OKX and Google Cloud will hold a hackathon with a prize pool of up to $600,000 USD.
- PlatON, Alibaba Cloud, and HashKey will co-host the “HAPathon 2023” Web3 Global Entrepreneurship Competition in Bangkok from March 25th to 26th.
- Property Guru & MetaEstate will host an offline event titled “Southeast Asia Property Investment Show” at 11:00 on the 4th floor of the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre.
- Otherside Second Trip is tentatively scheduled to go live on March 25th.
- On March 25th, 12,500,000 LooksRare (LOOKS) tokens (approximately $1.99 million USD) will be unlocked, accounting for 1.25% of the total supply.
- 18,075,990.71 ImmutableX (IMX) tokens (approximately $26.75 million USD) will be unlocked, accounting for 0.904% of the total supply.
- The application deadline for the “HAPathon 2023” Web3 Global Entrepreneurship Competition, co-hosted by PlatON, Alibaba Cloud, and HashKey, in Tokyo will be on March 26th.
- Around Hong Kong: the 2nd World Web3 Summit will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre from March 26th to 28th.