Here’s a rundown of the most noteworthy industry events and project developments to look out for in the coming week
Bitcoin2023, one of the world’s largest Bitcoin conferences, will take place in Miami from May 18th to 20th. The conference will feature notable guests, including U.S. presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., bestselling authors Michael Lewis of “The Big Short,” “Moneyball,” “The Blind Side,” and “The Fifth Risk,” BitMEX co-founder Arthur Hayes, and MicroStrategy founder Michael Saylor.
Meanwhile, CyberConnect’s token, CYBER, will be publicly available for sale on CoinList on May 18th. The total supply of CYBER is 100 million tokens, and this public sale will account for 3% of the total supply. Additionally, 12% of the total supply is reserved for the CyberConnect community’s reward pool, with 2.4% to be distributed to early adopters and community members upon token launch.
On May 19th-23rd, Ethereum’s EDCON 2023 will take place in Montenegro. The conference’s theme will cover various topics, including blockchain regulation, Layer 3, decentralized society, decentralized governance, network countries, and more. The event will feature keynote speeches, technical workshops, and panel discussions. Attendees will include Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, “The Network State” author and investor Balaji Srinivasan, Gitcoin co-founder Scott Moore, Ethereum core developers Tim Beiko, Skylar Weaver, Vlad Zamfir, Piper Merriam, Andy Guzman, and more.
- Blur’s NFT lending protocol, Blend, will add support for two new NFT series on May 15th.
- Amazon’s NFT platform launch has been postponed to May 15th.
- The Australian regulatory agency has suspended FTX Australia’s financial services license until May 15th, 2023.
- BNB Chain plans to launch the OpBNB testnet in mid-May.
- Gala Games is set to launch its v2 upgrade on May 15th and will conduct a 1:1 token swap.
- The Turbos Finance token, TURBOS, from the Sui decentralized trading platform ecosystem, will be listed on the Bybit, KuCoin, and Gate.io trading platforms.
- Bitcoin ABC announced that the eCash Network is expected to activate its upgrade on May 15th at 20:00.
- The objection phase and overall voting for the Lido V2 liquidity staking protocol upgrade have ended.
- The bankruptcy judge has extended the deadline for BlockFi’s submission of the restructuring plan to May 15th.
- Mysten Labs announced that 15 game partners will launch games on the Sui blockchain starting from May 15th.
- Tron and Huobi’s Q4 Grand Hackathon winners will be announced on May 15th.
- OneBlock will hold an online course titled “Substrate Advanced” in mid-May.
- BitDAO’s token BIT will unlock 187,499,999.36 tokens (approximately $91.14 million), accounting for 1.951% of the total supply, on May 15th at 08:00:00.
- Robinhood will allow some users to trade stocks and ETFs 24 hours a day on 5 trading days per week starting May 16th.
- Taiwanese legislators have required the cabinet to authorize a cryptocurrency regulatory agency by May 16th.
- Seed Club will close the application for the first batch of its “Consumer Crypto Accelerator” on May 16th.
- The ICP Community Conference will take place in Florida, USA from May 16th to 17th.
- Bitget will live-stream the drawing of lucky fans for the “European Tour” on May 16th at 8:00 pm on its official YouTube channel.
- The LimeWire claims process list for the art and entertainment digital collectibles market will be announced on May 16th.
- Binance will upgrade its margin system on May 16th and 17th. Users are advised to evaluate their collateral balances.
- Blockchain cloud infrastructure company W3BCloud plans to raise enough funds to continue its public listing before May 17th.
- Binance will upgrade the cross-margin system from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on May 17th.
- ApeCoin’s APE token will unlock 15,601,325 tokens (approximately $50.55 million), accounting for 1.56% of the total supply on May 17th at 08:00:00.
- The “Tokyo Web3 Spring Hackathon” offline event will be held in Tokyo, Japan on May 17th at 12:00.
- Binance will shorten the processing time for ETH collateral withdrawals to five days starting May 18th.
- 1inch’s 1INCH token will unlock 21,429 tokens (about $8,769), accounting for 0.001% of the total supply, at 08:00:00 on May 18th.
- Bitcoin2023 will be held in Miami from May 18th to 20th.
- CyberConnect launches the CYBER token, which will be publicly available on CoinList on May 18th.
- Line’s Web3 game platform, Game Dosi, will be officially released on May 18th.
- Meso Labs will host the offline event “Supercharging Bangkok: Web3 Builder Con 2023” in Bangkok, Thailand on May 18th.
- The US House of Representatives Digital Asset Subcommittee will hold a stablecoin hearing on May 18th.
- Oasis Network’s token ROSE will unlock 199,500,000 tokens (worth approximately $10.4 million) on May 19th at 00:00:00, for 1.995% of the total supply.
- BitDAO community’s proposal for “Optimizing Brand, Token, and Token Economics” opens for voting and will end on May 19th.
- CoinLoan plans to file a document with the court before May 19th to revoke the restriction notice they received.
- Zerion allows users to merge Genesis NFT and Zerion DNA to create a higher membership level until May 19th.
- The deadline for minting the new PFP NFT series “Shadow Wolves” by Cool Cats is May 19th.
- EDCON 2023 will be held in Montenegro from May 19th to 23rd.
- The registration deadline for ConsenSys Infura Web3 Hackathon is May 19th.
- The IMX token of ImmutableX will be unlocked on May 20th at 18:00:00 UTC, with 18,075,990.71 tokens (approximately $13.4 million) becoming available. This represents 0.904% of the total supply.
- DAO Mentenegro will be held in Montenegro on May 21st to 22nd, and Vitalik has confirmed his attendance.